You have to be careful when it comes to carbon monoxide

Carbon monoxide happens to be a deadly gas that is odorless, tasteless, & colorless.

Carbon monoxide poisoning affects numerous unknowing families each year.

One of the greatest causes of carbon monoxide poisoning is using your heating device improperly… Gas furnaces, stoves or water heaters should always be vented properly… A carbon monoxide detector should be close to the area where there is a gas appliance. If there is a problem with a gas leak, the carbon monoxide detector will pick up the poison & sound the alarm. Carbon monoxide poisoning can affect young & old the same. People that have asthma or other breathing setbacks such as COPD are more prone to feel the effects abruptly, however there are many risks to breathing high amounts of carbon monoxide & there are also numerous risks associated with breathing small amounts over a long time period. If you have a gas furnace in your household, make sure the carbon monoxide detector works & change the batteries every season. My family would have been in serious trouble last year if the group of us didn’t have a properly working carbon monoxide detector. The heat exchanger had a tiny crack & started to leak. It happened while in the day & I was the only person in the household. I abruptly reached out to the fire department. They gave me some brief directions & told me to vacate the household immediately. When they arrived at the household, they determined the leak was the gas furnace. They instructed me to reach out to the Heating & Air Conditioning supplier to repair the gas furnace. They turned off the gas at the street & demanded I call for repair instantly. They didn’t leave until they confirmed an appointment with the heating business.

 

Heating corporation